For the 24 years I have lived in Walnut Creek, there have been no public 4th of July fireworks displays. According to the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District, fireworks are illegal in the county, so good luck trying to put on your own show!
However, you can buy fireworks in Alameda County – Dublin is not that far away – but with the drought, the law is probably a good thing to abide by.
Luckily, some cities close by are shooting off fireworks, so grab a spot on a hill, go to the location itself, or maybe a friend has a bird’s eye view from their house:
- Antioch – Contra Costa Fairgrounds (Dusk)
- Benicia – Benicia City Park (9:00 p.m.)
- Berkeley – Berkeley Marina (9:30 p.m.)
- Concord – Mt. Diablo High School & Todos Santos Plaza (9:00 p.m.)
- Livermore – Downtown (Dusk)
- Martinez – Waterfront (9:30 p.m.)
- Moraga – Moraga Country Club (Dusk)
- Pittsburg – Pittsburg Marina (Dusk)
- Pleasant Hill – College Park High School & Pleasant Hill Country Club (9:10 p.m.)
- Pleasanton – Alameda County Fairgrounds (9:30 p.m.)
- Richmond – Marina Bay Park (9:15 p.m.)
- San Ramon – Central Park (9:30 p.m.)
Have a safe, happy 4th of July!