Nothing can top the beauty of Northern California. From the ocean, to the mountains, to lakes, rivers and cities, the Bay Area is one of the most breathtaking places in the world.
We have officially kicked off the summer season, the rain has stopped and given NorCals mild summer weather, it’s a perfect place to explore, especially during these upcoming months. I’m a big fan of road trips – there’s nothing like hopping in the car, rolling the windows down and going for a drive on a warm summer day.
With that in mind, I found a great article on OnlyInYourState.com listing 11 great scenic drives in Northern California. I’ll list a few of my favorites out below for reference, but take a look at the full list, and then take a trip!
1. Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway – Lassen National Park
2. Yuba Donner Scenic Byway – Tahoe National Forest
3. Emigrant Trail – Tahoe/Donner Area
4. Route 101 Redwood Highway – Del Norte Redwoods State Park
5. Carson Pass – CA/NV Border
Happy Trails and have a great summer!