There’s nothing better than a summer night in the Bay Area. We’re spoiled with perfect weather here, and it means we can spend every evening outside, enjoying the twilight with drink in our hand and a happy hour entree on our plates. It also means it’s time for Summer Concert Series season!
You don’t have to stray too far from home to get to the closest concerts. There will be four free performances outside The Lesher Center, starting with a show this Thursday at 5:30 p.m. All shows go from 5:30-7 p.m. and will sell beer, wine and snacks:
- June 21: Mariachi Mestizo
- June 28: The Sons of the Soul Revivers
- July 12: Tumbledown House
- July 26: The T Sisters (highly recommend this one – love their sound!)
If you like what you hear in July at The Lesher Center, carry on that momentum into August with Broadway Plaza’s Summer Concert Series. These will take place from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in Event Plaza, and they are also free to the public:
- Aug. 16: Kalimba (The Spirit of Earth, Wind & Fire)
- Aug. 23: Caravanserai (The Santana Tribute)
- Aug. 30: Bee Gee’s Gold (The Tribute)
Lastly, if you want to venture a bit outside of Walnut Creek, check out our neighbors’ Summer Concert Series in Pleasant Hill’s Plaza in front of Jack’s Restaurant & Bar. The shows take place from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and are, of course, free!
- July 5: Fleetwood Mask
- Aug. 2: Top Shelf Classics
- Sept. 6: Illeagles
No matter which series you choose – or if you try out all three – you’re sure to have a good time jamming to some fun music! Let me know if you visit any of these shows, and how they are!