It’s almost Thanksgiving, so it’s time for some turkey trivia! How many of these 10 trivia questions did you get right?
- How long was the first Thanksgiving celebration?
- What meats were served at the first Thanksgiving celebration?
- Who was the first President to pardon a turkey?
- How many calories on average are consumed, per person, at Thanksgiving dinner?
- How much did the world’s most expensive Thanksgiving dinner on record cost?
- When was the first Thanksgiving NFL game?
- Which President made Thanksgiving a permanent national holiday?
- Which President officially made Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday of every November?
- How many turkeys are prepared for Thanksgiving in America each year?
- What percent of Americans skip turkey on Thanksgiving?
- Three days
- Venison, swan, duck, and goose, most likely – not turkey!
- John F. Kennedy
- 4,500 calories
- $150,000 at New York City’s Old Homestead Steakhouse
- Abraham Lincoln
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- 46 million
Now, a few fun turkey jokes to lighten the mood! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Did you hear about the turkey who lost a fight? He got the stuffing knocked out of him!
Can a turkey jump higher than the Empire State Building? Of course! Buildings can’t jump.
How did the turkey get home for Thanksgiving? She took the gravy train.
What did the turkey say to the computer? Google, google, google!
What happened when the turkey played football? It got ejected for fowl play!
What side of the turkey has the most feathers? The outside!
What’s the difference between a turkey and a chicken? Chickens celebrate Thanksgiving.
What’s a turkey’s favorite dessert? Apple gobbler!
Why did the sweet potatoes get so embarrassed? They saw the turkey dressing!
…and on that note…wishing you all a wonderful, safe, and Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo